Whom We Help
Our clients are individuals and families, not institutions. Since WMS’s founding in 1993, our core strength has been advising wealthy families on the wide range of financial issues that impact them.
Over the years, we have found that many of our clients fall into certain categories, which are listed below. As you can see, our clients differ widely—from business owners to private equity partners, from medical professionals to corporate executives and inheritors of sudden wealth.
As the years have gone by, we have developed the technical planning and investing expertise to meet the varying needs of each type of client. In addition, we have built specialized teams to serve each category of client.
- Closely Held Business Owners
- Corporate Executives
- Venture-Backed Entrepreneurs
- Government Contractors
- Private Equity & Venture Capital General Partners
- Hedge Fund & Investment Management Professionals
- Real Estate Developers and Managers
- Banking and Insurance Executives
- Medical Professionals
- Sellers of Significant Assets
Elements of A Successful Client Relationship
Over the years, we have learned that our most successful client relationships have certain elements in common:
- We oversee the family’s entire financial picture. We can only serve as a family’s financial steward if we have a complete view of all the moving parts of the family’s finances.
- We have an active relationship with both spouses and the next generation.
- We are able to implement creative tax and wealth planning strategies.
- Our relationship is that of partners united to achieve financial goals, as opposed to a client/service-provider relationship.
- Our clients are influential in their industry and our partnership with them allows them to expand their influence.
- Our close working relationship fosters the free flow between us of investing and planning ideas.
- Our clients are intellectually curious and help us become better advisors.
- Our clients understand the value of the innovative private investments we bring to the table.